Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Missing Breakfast


‘Come outside and play’
Mummy said, ‘Let breakfast cool’
And out we all went.

In the trees we walked
Chasing birds and butterflies
In the morning sun.

And when we returned
The chairs had been moved about
And mine was all broke.

I cried at Mummy
‘My chair is all broken up’
And then saw my bowl

Someone had eaten
All my porridge; ‘It’s all gone’
I wailed louder still.

All my breakfast gone
Even my little spoon, licked clean
And I was hungry.

And in the bedroom
The thief was fast asleep
In my own wee bed.


Her with long blond hair
Sleeping under my duvet
I growled and she ran.

She ran away, she did
As Mummy cuddled me close
And made me breakfast.




© JG Farmer 2013
via The Poetic Round Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, your comments are always welcome

Contact Me, I'd be delighted to hear from you

Name

Email *

Message *

Tir na nog

Al's Sunday Photo Fiction

Pagan Insights Project

Pagan Blog Project