Thursday, November 07, 2013

Draw Near



It is that time of year when I feel that familiar presence.  As the winter days beckon and the nights close in my eyes watch the flames with more intensity. Flames that dance in a non-existent breeze as I seek the tell-tale signs you have come home.

On the rug in front of the fire I inhale the first delicate wisps of Rive Gauche and I pray this time I will feel your touch engulf me like it used to before the darkness came between us. Now there are just ‘if only’s’ left and they are no comfort on a cold winter’s night.

In the hazy firelight I think I see you smile and hear your laughter in the crackle of burning wood. I reach out but you are gone. The tendrils of sweet perfume are rapidly replaced by the aromatic burning pine and emptiness as once again I am alone.





© JG Farmer 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, your comments are always welcome

Contact Me, I'd be delighted to hear from you

Name

Email *

Message *

Tir na nog

Al's Sunday Photo Fiction

Pagan Insights Project

Pagan Blog Project