Friday, October 04, 2013

By the Clock

Photography by Al Forbes


‘By the clock’ she said, so I waited for the girl with saffron hair. I waited for the girl carrying a newspaper while listening to the chatter of the passers-by. The scowling mothers dragging howling toddlers through old London town and lovers on their way to a show. The minutes passed and I watched the pigeons swooping down to grasp a crumb. The minutes passed until it was too late and I sat drinking coffee before going home. Drinking coffee and listening to the girl on my mobile phone repeating the night’s events at the Rovers. Mother had got caught up watching reruns of Coronation Street again.




© J Farmer 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, your comments are always welcome

Contact Me, I'd be delighted to hear from you

Name

Email *

Message *

Tir na nog

Al's Sunday Photo Fiction

Pagan Insights Project

Pagan Blog Project