Sunday, September 22, 2013

The End of the Tunnel (Free Verse) in The Poetic Round Forum

Tunnel of Trees by Finn Hopson


Too often I’ve fallen, tripped over the baited wire
ensnared by senses numbed
by the bitter pain of making do
like a discarded t-shirt from a second-hand store
used, recycled and used some more
each mistake an entangled vine
forming a bondage of self-destruction
until the inevitable split breaks away
breaking, the heart breaking again
breaking away from the effrontery they dare call love
they who have no grasp on love
yet claim it as if it is their right
that I should love them
they who do nothing but hurt me and call it love
but I know love
it is the glorious light at the end of the dark tunnel
guiding me forward in her positive footprints
to bloom like an opening lily in her glow.



© J Farmer 2013

The End of the Tunnel (Free Verse) in The Poetic Round Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, your comments are always welcome

Contact Me, I'd be delighted to hear from you

Name

Email *

Message *

Tir na nog

Al's Sunday Photo Fiction

Pagan Insights Project

Pagan Blog Project